Guide on How to Transfer Files from Android Phone to Macbook Air.
When we buy Macbook and Android phones. It becomes difficult to manage the transfer of files. In such situation, it becomes challenging to transfer files from Android phone to Macbook Air or MacBook Pro. Whereas if you want to transfer files from Android to Windows, it’d be easy but not in case of MacBook. So let’s see the procedure
How do we send files from Android phone to MacBook Air?
- Download and Install “Android file Transfer” on MacBook Air.
- On your Macbook, go to https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
- Click on Download now button > File will be downloaded to your MacBook.
- Find the downloaded file (AndroidFileTransfer.dmg.) and double-click it.
- Now Drag and drop the Android image to a folder:
- Now you can see Android File transfer in Applications folder:
- How to Connect Android phone and Transfer files to MacBook
- Connect your Android phone to Macbook via USB port.
- Open-File Transfer app by double-clicking it.
- You’ll see can’t access this device message
- Click ok > unlock your phone > Pull drop down notification bar on your Android phone:
- Click on USB Charging device dropdown again > Select Tranfer file:
- On your MacBook you’ll see folder opens automatically:
- You Cannot directly open any files within this folder, rather, you need to drag and drop the files into your Macbook in order to access or open the file:
- That’s it. Now you should be able to use your favourite Android phone (Oneplus 6 in my case) and your(mine too) favourite MacBook Air together.