It’s been quite a while that we got New Catalina which has option to change desktop screen color of Mac to dark mode to light mode. Prior to that it was big struggle for many to use dark mode in Mac. Below are simple steps with screenshots on how to make your Mac into dark mode:
- Click Apple icon (top left) from any window and select system preferences
- Click on General icon
- Under appearance option, we see Light, Dark and Auto. Click on Dark option.
- Thats it, now you can see how the whole screen color changed to dark mode.
- You can always get back to light mode by selecting Light option under appearances.
- If you select Auto mode then, screen automatically converts into light and dark mode based on the day and night timing in your area based on your geo location selected in your Mac.
Hope this was helpful.